We Are Music.
Daddy Kool has been providing Tampa Bay area music lovers with an incomparable shopping experience since 1985. Whether you’re a passionate fan whose lifestyle revolves around music or just looking for that great tune you heard the other day, our casual vibe, attentive staff and ever-changing array of thousands of titles offer the kind of fun, immersive buying trip that online retail will never be able to match.
New, used and rare vinyl singles and LPs. New CDs. New DVDs and Blu-Ray discs. T-shirts, posters, concert tickets, gift cards and more — Daddy Kool has something for everyone, and chances are everyone will find several somethings they didn’t even know they were looking for. From punk, indie, metal and hip-hop to classic soul, country, funk, Americana, contemporary hits and beyond, we’ve got one of the most diverse collections of music for sale anywhere. And we’re happy to make and hold special orders, too.
So come visit us on the thriving, culturally creative 600 block of downtown St. Petersburg. Bring your used vinyl to sell or trade, and take a look around. We guarantee you’ll find something to like.
Gaetano “Tony” Rifugiato, one half of the duo behind legendary Tampa Bay concert promoter No Clubs Presents, opened the original Daddy Kool Records in Bradenton in 1985. It was an immediate hit with local musicians and fans, and the shop’s success only grew as it relocated to Sarasota a few years later, where it remained the heart of the area’s underground music scene for nearly 15 years.
As No Clubs grew, and Tony and partner David Hundley began hosting more and bigger shows in Tampa and St. Petersburg — including Green Day, New Order, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bad Brains, Black Flag, Soundgarden and many more — the need to move its base of operations a bit north became apparent.
In 1999, a second Daddy Kool opened in downtown St. Petersburg, just down the street from the city’s historic State Theatre — home to countless No Clubs concerts — and immediately became a preferred destination for fans, musicians and artists alike under the management of Emanuel “Manny Kool” Matalon.
Now, Daddy Kool’s flagship store is in a larger space across the street from its original St. Pete location. With an even larger inventory and knowledgeable staff, it remains one of Florida’s most popular independent music shops. Daddy Kool enthusiastically supports its fellow local businesses, and takes part in events large and small, from homegrown music festivals and in-store appearances to annual Record Store Day shenanigans.
We’ve got what you’re looking for…
Tickets for the hottest shows in Tampa Bay. Daddy Kool Records is giving you access your favorite bands with lower service fees. No waiting for mail, no hoping there is ink in your printer. Simply purchase tickets online and your tickets will be waiting for you at the show*
Records are back. Well- they never went anywhere. Purists have always pursued and collected the classics and grabbed latest records. In 2015, records are as hot as they were before cassette tapes, and we’ve got what you’re looking for. Join the analog revolution.
Patches, pins, buttons, graphic novels, books, zines and other hard-to-find things you’ve been looking for, or maybe you weren’t but you’d love to have are at Daddy Kool Records. Check out our inventory and find that perfect gift for someone… Or just treat yourself!
- @recordstoreday is less than a month away!! Join us Sat. April 13 for our grand re-opening & RSD at our new locatio… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1106315590770278402
- Only a few tickets left!! Get them now or never https://twitter.com/theritzybor/status/1104789010386305024
- A little less than 5 weeks to experience the #rebirthofthekool at our BRAND NEW Daddy Kool location in the Warehous… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1105130867968667648
- Happy #InternationalClashDay & 40th anniversary of London Calling! It’s message of inclusion, multiculturalism, pro… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1093593609935429632
- @ElleGee_Tampa It's bittersweet - but we've found a bigger place to better accommodate the music scene in St. Pete <3
- We're MOVING! We're sad to leave the 600 block but VERY STOKED to have a bigger space to offer more music to our ci… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1092126485660471297
“Whenever I go to a new city, whether visiting or vacationing, I would always make that a point to get to the record store early on, just to get my bearings and see what was going on around town.”